Seafood stands out as an exquisite, nutritious and highly recommended ingredient to obtain the best vitamins, minerals and elements that only the sea can offer.On this occasion we have taken into consideration the lovers of seafood. Surprise everyone at home with this delicious homemade seafood soup recipe , and take the opportunity to make variations of it with your favorite ingredients.
Do we prepare a delicious seafood soup at home?
The seafood soup is a culinary preparation in which different types of seafood are mixed creating a broth. It can also be prepared in the form of stew by adding some vegetables in the preparation.
It is very popular in those countries that have maritime coast. However, in the different cuisines worldwide add other types of seafood such as clams or octopus. The history of this dish is unclear, as it is said that its appearance was not until the mid-nineteenth century on the coasts of France. However, it has become popular in many coastal countries.
Benefits of seafood soup
The seafood soup brings many benefits to the body and is highly recommended for those who have iron deficiency . Among its nutritional properties we can find that:
- It is a source of vitamin B12 , a component that gives us enough energy to keep us active.
- It is rich in iron , magnesium and calcium , essential minerals that our body needs to function in optimal conditions.
- It provides omega-3 fatty acids .
- It contains vitamin A , ideal to take care of the vision.
So, do you have enough reasons to make a seafood soup at home ? If you have never prepared it, here in Best With Health we will show you step by step how to do it.
How to make seafood soup
The key to making seafood soup is in the broth . You can buy it at any grocery store or supermarket, or if you prefer to do it yourself just make sure you use the right ingredients so that the flavor is unmatched.
If it is your first time to make this type of soup, do not worry, follow the recipe step by step and there will be no mistakes. Later we will give you some tips to prepare it in different ways.
- 1 cup of shrimp (120 g)
- 1 small hake (2 Kg)
- 2 cups of prawns (240 g)
- 3 cloves garlic crushed (5 g)
- 1/2 branch of leek (60 g)
- 3 potatoes (600 g)
- 1 cup of clams (120 g)
- 1/2 carrot (70 g)
- 1 tomato (100 g)
- 2 cups of seafood broth (500 mL)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil (30 mL)
- 1 tablespoon of salt (15 g)
- 1 tablespoon of white pepper (15 g)
- 1/2 red pepper (70 g)
- The first thing you should do is take the hake, clean it (remove the viscera) and cut it into medium pieces.
- You must also do it with the clams. Remove the carapace and reserve everything in the refrigerator.
- Keep in mind that it is better that the seafood is fresh and not frozen, as this will take less time to cook.
- Then, peel and cut all your vegetables and small pieces and fry them together with the garlic in a pan with just a little extra virgin olive oil.
- Then add the seafood, starting with the shrimp and hake, and finally add the clams. Fry until all the ingredients are very golden.
- Next, place a pot with the seafood broth to boil over medium heat and add all the ingredients prepared previously.
- Add the salt and white pepper, cover and let the seafood cook for at least 30 or 40 minutes.
- Finally, remove from heat, let cool a little and serve. You can decorate with some chopped cilantro leaves . Hopefully, this exquisite seafood soup will be of your taste.
- To make the soup soup, you should only use 1 liter of water and add some bay leaves, parsley, salt, pepper and thyme, and place it in a pot to boil over medium heat.
- So potatoes and carrots have a more tender consistency, add them to the broth instead of frying them with the rest of the vegetables.
- You can also use other types of seafood such as octopus and oysters.
- it would be ideal to have a pressure cooker, so you will save a lot of time.
- Another trick that makes your seafood soup taste delicious is to marinate the fish . To do this, use a little white wine, garlic and spices and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.