The Castilian garlic soup may not attract you very much at first, but its flavor and its many benefits will change your mind and include it in your winter menu.
Do you have the flu or do you feel completely good? Does the desire to cook or make complicated recipes have left you? Luckily, you have the Castilian garlic soup as an option.
The Castilian garlic soup recipe has its origin in Spain, where it is usually eaten frequently in cold seasons such as Christmas, or it is also tradition to cook it during Holy Week.
In this sense, garlic as the active ingredient in the whole recipe is responsible for the sensation of heat. In addition, among many other things, it is one of the best elements that exist to obtain a great number of health benefits.
Actually, the Castilian garlic soup is not only made of garlic. It also includes eggs, olive oil, ham, and even chorizo. It should be noted that this dish is easy to prepare. It is very practical, delicious, nutritious (due to the calories in the meat broth) and healthy for its consumption.
As we had mentioned before, the Castilian garlic soup is one of the most famous in Spanish cuisine, with more tradition and which requires the least amount of ingredients to make it.
From a nutritional and health point of view, it can be ingested by almost everyone. As a medical precaution, it is not recommended for those with conditions such as hypertension, high cholesterol, type I and II diabetes, etc. However, those who are under special diets can taste it.
It is a wonderful and perfect recipe for those who do not enjoy cooking as it is done quickly. Also, due to the poached eggs, you will have a feeling of fullness in the stomach.
- 10 garlic cloves without skin
- 6 eggs
- 4 cups of meat broth (1 liter)
- 12 slices of hard bread
- 6 strips of ham (150 g)
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil (30 ml)
- 2 tablespoon green sweet paprika (30 g)
- 1 tablespoon of salt (15 g)
- 1 pinch of ground black pepper
- Start by washing the garlic and then cutting them into very thin pieces.
- Then, you will reserve the garlic in an emulsion of water and oil. In a bowl will be fine.
- Then, in a large pot, pour the tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, bring to the fire and let it heat a little.
- Add the garlic together with the serrano ham strips and start stirring with a wooden palette.
- When you notice that the garlic has turned toasted honey, add the slices of bread into the pot and start stirring again. Remove from heat for a few minutes.
- Next, add the tablespoons of sweet green paprika and continue to integrate the ingredients.
- Now pour the meat broth content. Put everything back on a very low heat and begin to remove all the ingredients.
- You will let cook for about 20 minutes. When the indicated time passes, you can add an extra slice of bread (optional). Do not forget salpimentar too.
- Almost to finish, add the eggs while the soup is still cooking and place the lid. Do it when you have 5 minutes left to finish the recipe.
- Finally, serve the soup very hot and enjoy it as best you can. Enjoy your meal!